GO EVAN!!! WHOOO HOOOO!!! CONGRATS!
The YCC will be awarding ten young professionals the Young Conservative Leadership ‘Buckley Award’ for their significant contributions to the conservative movement in 2009. The event will take place at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) at the Marriott Wardham Park Hotel in Washington, DC on Friday, February 19th, from 10-11am in the XPAC Ballroom. The keynote speakers will be Jonah Goldberg, author and founding editor of National Review Online, and Erick Erickson, Editor-in-Chief of Redstate.com.
The award ceremony will be in honor of the late conservative movement leader, William F. Buckley Jr., founder of National Review and author of God & Man at Yale ‘ both achieved before the age of 30. Award recipients are between the ages of 20-40 and are leaders and rising stars within the conservative movement.
- Hannah Giles ‘ Contributor, BigJournalism.com
- John O’Hara ‘ Author, A New American Tea Party
- Phil Kerpen, Vice President for Policy, Americans for Prosperity
- John McCormack, Deputy Online Director, The Weekly Standard
- Kellen Giuda ‘ Founder & CEO, Parcbench Media, LLC
- Kristan Hawkins ‘ Executive Director, Students for Life of America
- Evan Dent ‘ National Field Director, Collegians for a Constructive Tomorrow (CFACT)
- Karin Agness ‘ Founder, Network of enlightened Women (NeW)
- Brendan Steinhauser ‘ Director of Federal & State Campaigns, FreedomWorks
- Suhail Khan ‘ Founder, Conservative Inclusion Coalition
The YCC will also host the 6th Annual Reaganpalooza, the unofficial CPAC after party for young professional conservatives attending CPAC. The event will take place at the Hawk ‘n’ Dove bar in Washington, DC on Saturday, February 20th, from 8:30pm-2:30am. Over 750 people attended last year and it’s expected there will be more this year. Reaganpalooza started six years ago as a way for young conservatives from around the country to get together and celebrate conservative movement victories and honor former president Ronald Reagan.
Reaganpalooza is organized by the Young Conservatives Coalition ‘ a DC-based young professional conservative networking and advocacy organization dedicated to organizing the next generation of the conservative movement, while also serving as an umbrella organization for leading center-right national young adult and college groups. Other co-sponsors include The Daily Caller, Parcbench.com, Radio for Conservatives (RFC Radio), Young Republican National Federation, First Friday, Right Energies, National Federation of Republican Assemblies, America’s Future Foundation, and others.