CFACT is teaming up with the Leadership Institute to bring you our “Phony Science,
Real Consequences” video contest. Your mission is to create a video that will shed some
light on the consequences of global warming policies. It can be funny, serious, dramatic,
happy, sad, etc. What you choose to do with your 60 seconds to 10 minutes of fame is up
to you. You can win up to $3,000.
The left has been using videos effectively for some time now and it’s time for the right to
fight back. Check out this video:
This video appropriately renamed “Splattergate” is a shocking revelation to how far
the left is willing to go. While you may not have the skills to explode people (and we
certainly hope you don’t in your video), you can create a video in a much more simple
form that will still share a message and stir hearts and minds.
Take a look at this almost 2 minute video from Greenpeace.
We could post a million videos on here, but we’ll leave the googling to you. If a video of
two rabbits in plastic cups that’s not even shot in English can get almost 2 million hits,
then you can make a YouTube worthy video. All you need is a video camera of some
kind and most schools will let you check one out from your AV people. Come to think of
it, most schools also have computer labs with video editing software. So get out there, get
thinking, get creating! The deadline to submit your vids is Dec 1. Did I mention you can
win up to $3,000??
Here’s the boring stuff:
First Prize: $3,000
Second Prize: $2,000
Third Prize: $1,000
Video submissions will be accepted from December 1, 2010 through midnight of April 1,
Contest results will be announced within eight weeks after the submission deadline.
Upload your video entry to YouTube.
Email the link to CampusReform.org contest staff by April 1, 2011 along with your full
name, college or university, major and graduation year, email address, mailing address,
and CampusReform.org username. If multiple students have collaborated on a video
entry, please add this information for all students.
Entries submitted without this information will not be considered complete.
Late and/or incomplete entries will not be accepted.
1. All entrants must be admitted to or enrolled in an accredited undergraduate degree
program in the United States.
2. All entries must be submitted through CampusReform.org.
3. There is a limit of one video entry per student. Students may work in groups on video
4. All entries must add “To learn more, visit AllPainNoGain.org” at the end of the
5. All entries must be submitted in English.
6. All entries become of the property of CampusReform.org and CFACT and may be
posted online at the discretion of the Campus Reform and CFACT staff.
7. No staff member of CFACT or the Leadership Institute is eligible to win.
8. All entries must be received by midnight on the date of the submission deadline.
9. All entrants must be full members of CampusReform.org. Those already enrolled in
or admitted to a four-year college must be a member of their school’s Campus Reform
10. Failure to comply with these rules may lead to disqualification from the contest.
All entries will be evaluated on the following criteria:
* Originality – the creativity and overall quality of the video
* Message – the video’s reasoning, message, and/or effective use of humor
* Marketing – the impact and public response, including how many video views
entrants generate on YouTube
Questions and Additional Information
If you have any additional questions about how to enter this contest, email us.