CFACT is creating a number of paid, part-time, regional positions to provide direct support to campus chapters in the next school year.
Ideal candidates for these positions are recent grads, have friends and contacts on campus, are passionate about CFACT and free-market issues, and have the schedule flexibility to take on a part-time job.
We understand that people working on competitive campaigns or 60-hour a week jobs won’t be good fits. But young activists with ‘real’ 9-5 jobs who are looking to stay involved or recent grads who are ‘under-employed’ would be good candidates.
The job itself requires helping and mentoring our CFACT chapters with recruitment of new members, maintaining official campus registration status, hosting speakers/events, and helping with programs/stunts/tables.
- Each Region will have 4-6 campuses
- Expected 10-20 hours per week, with seasonal changes consistent with the school year
- Attend and help organize CFACT campus chapter meetings and events in your region (1-2 week). Expectation to visit each chapter once a month during school year
- Ensure each campus is officially recognized (once per school year)
- Organize one recruitment effort each semester for each campus
- Organize two events/outings per semester for each campus
- Pursue event grants
- Support operational grant requests
- Provide local transportation and support for speakers and other CFACT dignitaries in your region.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Supportive of free-market values and CFACT’s issues
- Experienced with campus based activism and student organizations
- Recent contacts with activists on campus
- Experienced with campus based fund raising
- Experienced with hosting campus based events
- $500/month contract pay
- Set own hours
- Travel to conferences in the US and Internationally
- Bonuses available based on successful event fundraising
- Full time positions based on successful organization fundraising
To apply or inquire about the position, please send your resume and a cover letter to Bill Gilles at email@example.com